Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT)
CRICOS Course Code: 111669J
The Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT) will build a student’s knowledge and skills in the theoretical, technical and practical aspects of information technology. It provides students with a comprehensive understanding of the role of information technology solutions in modern business. Our BIT course provides a strong base of critical thinking, combined with creativity and innovation, to create contemporary problem solvers who are ready to contribute to society. This Course is not only linked to employment, but also to creating competencies that can lead to a rewarding, self-determined professional life. Students will be well placed to add significant social, cultural and economic value to society through entrepreneurial activities in IT. The two majors of the BIT focus on important contemporary areas of information technology: Cyber Security and Information Systems. Students will develop broad and coherent knowledge and skills from their chosen specialisation, while also learning how to apply that knowledge to solve real-world problems.
Designed in consultation with industry, this course provides flexibility to students to complete the degree in either, 3 years (fulltime, a normal pathway), or 2 years (fulltime, accelerated pathway) or 6 years (part-time; available only for Australian domestic students). The BIT is an AQF level 7 Course, and the course is designed to meet the Australian Computer Society professional standards for ICT courses which includes the core body of knowledge in IT and the professional and ethical standards relevant to working in the IT industry.
- An exciting and new undergraduate course targeted at individuals who want to pursue creative and innovative directions in Information Technology
- Focusing on high student satisfaction rate and learning outcomes, reflected by developing the critical thinking competence in students that enables them translating exciting ideas into innovative actions.
- Graduates either take the challenge of becoming socially responsible IT professionals, or proactively engage in the expanding field of IT entrepreneurial careers.
- Face-to-face teaching in a conveniently located College, or, equivalent hours of teaching in an online or blended mode.
- Taught and supported by highly knowledgeable, experienced and culturally competent teachers and support staff.
- Includes 2 (two) Capstone Units plus a Work Integrated Learning (WIL) where students can get world experience.
- Different modes of study available: 3 years (Normal fulltime mode), 2 years (Accelerated Fulltime Mode), or 6 years (Parttime mode: only available to domestic students).
Course Duration:Student Guide
BSW Entry Requirements
Unit of Study
Work Integrated Learning (WIL)
How to Apply
Study in Australia
Working in Australia
Living in Australia