Minimum Entry Requirements for BSW*
Sydney Met has a range of entry requirements for students to meet, including previous qualifications and English proficiency as outlined below.
- Recent secondary education (within the past 2 years) with a completed Year 12 or equivalent with ATAR 60, or equivalent overseas qualification, or
- A tertiary education qualification at AQF Level 5 (Diploma) or above, or equivalent, from an Australian University or other accredited higher education provider, or equivalent overseas qualification, or
- Vocational education qualification at AQF Level 4 (Certificate IV) or above, or equivalent, from a registered training organisation (RTO), or equivalent overseas qualification.
- For those with ATAR in the range of 60 to 70, additional evidence of commitment to 'social work' will be required.
English LanguageThe English proficiency requirements for international students or local applicants with international qualifications are:
- Minimum IELTS (Academic Module) score of 7.0 overall with no band being less than 6.0, or equivalent.
- Special entry may be possible for applicants who do not meet the above requirements but demonstrate that they have suitable work experience to be able to undertake this degree.
- Suitable work experience for special entry means that the applicants have at least two years' full time experience in a role directly relating to this course, within the last five years, and
- English Language Proficiency of IELTS 7.0 (minimum 6.0 in all bands) or equivalent.
*Meeting the minimum entry requirements does not guarantee a place in the course for which you have applied.