Minimum Entry Requirements for BSW*
Sydney Met has a range of entry requirements for students to meet, including previous qualifications and English proficiency.For the rules around application for admission to Sydney Met, see the Admission Policy and Procedure below.
- Recent secondary education (within the past 2 years) with a completed Year 12 or equivalent with ATAR 60, or equivalent overseas qualification, or
- A tertiary education qualification at AQF Level 5 (Diploma) or above, or equivalent, from an Australian University or other accredited higher education provider, or equivalent overseas qualification, or
English LanguageThe English proficiency requirements for international students or local applicants with international qualifications are:
- Minimum IELTS (Academic Module) score of 7.0 overall with no band being less than 6.0, or equivalent.
- Special entry may be possible for applicants who do not meet the above requirements but demonstrate that they have suitable work experience to be able to undertake this degree.
- Suitable work experience for special entry means that the applicants have at least two years' full time experience in a role directly relating to this course, within the last five years, and
- English Language Proficiency of IELTS 7.0 (minimum 6.0 in all bands) or equivalent.
*Meeting the minimum entry requirements does not guarantee a place in the course for which you have applied.