Sydney Met has a range of admission options and pathways available for students of all ages and academic backgrounds. For the rules around application for admission to Sydney Met, see the Admission Policy and Procedure below.
- Recent secondary education (within the past 2 years) with a completed Year 12 or equivalent with ATAR 60, or equivalent overseas qualification, or
- A tertiary education qualification at AQF Level 5 (Diploma) or above, or equivalent, from an Australian University or other accredited higher education provider, or equivalent overseas qualification, or
- Vocational education qualification at AQF Level 4 (Certificate IV) or above, or equivalent, from a registered training organisation (RTO), or equivalent overseas qualification.
English LanguageThe English proficiency requirements for international students or local applicants with international qualifications are:
- Minimum IELTS (Academic Module) score of 6.0 overall with no band being less than 5.5, or equivalent, or
- Evidence of education up to Year 12 in schools where English is the only medium of instruction, or
- Sydney Met may offer its own alternative English Entrance Test. Depending on results, students may be offered a place to the Bachelor course, or offered an English preparation program prior to entrance to the Bachelor course (i.e. a package offer), or
- Students may be able to demonstrate English Proficiency in other ways. Sydney Met will consider such applications on a case by case basis.
The English Language Proficiency requirement applies to all students, including those seeking Special Entry.
English language support is provided at no cost to students who want to improve English proficiency. For this, English language class will be run at the College for 2 hours a week for three months in one academic year, where requested.
- Special entry may be possible for applicants who do not meet the above requirements but demonstrate that they have suitable work experience to be able to undertake this degree.
- Suitable work experience for special entry means that the applicants have at least two years' full time experience in a role involving significant business management and entrepreneurial tasks and responsibilities, within the last five years.
- Language Proficiency of IELTS 6.0 (minimum 5.5 in all bands) or equivalent.