Learning Hub & Learn 2 Succeed
Sydney Met has a dedicated Learning Hub which will support your learning, professional development and stay in Sydney from your arrival through to when you become alumni of the College. Adjusting to a new culture and environment is exciting and also challenging. We will help you understand what’s required of you as an international student, and the opportunities and support available at Sydney Met. The Learning Hub provide a wide range of support services for international students including:
- Academic support service
- Accommodation and job support
- Career development
- pre-departure information
- airport pickup service on your arrival in Sydney (this must be booked and paid in advance)
- an international orientation program to assist with your transition to living in Sydney and studying at Sydney Met
- support as you settle into life in Sydney and at Sydney Met
- assistance with College processes specific to international students
- help understanding what is expected of you as a student visa holder
- assistance with health issues and referral to health services (contact us if you experience serious illness or are hospitalised)
- social activities, events and information sessions
- help to become involved in your local community
- assistance and support with cultural issues
- Counselling and personal support and advice
Learning 2 Succeed Program @ Sydney Met
As an integral part of our commitment to guide students’ study and career, Sydney Met invites students an exciting program: LEARN TO SUCCEED (The L2S program). This is a unique, free, and not to be missed program for you as an international student. This program can transform your learning and living experience in Australia.
The L2S program will run in the last Friday (4-5pm) of each month throughout the year (except in December and January).
The L2S Program brings together experts, academics and professionals who are either highly successful themselves, or have successfully guided many international students to success in the past. The L2S program involves a series of workshops, seminars, and interactive sessions. Besides a range of highly sought-after information, tips and strategies, this program will be lots of FUN: so, come along and enjoy.
Three benefits of the program for you are:
1. To plan for your study by learning how to improve your study planning, academic communication skills and cross-cultural competence,
2. To help you in developing an exciting career (and life) in Australia by providing handy tips and strategies to balance between your ambitions and limitations associated with the study, work and social expectations, and
3. To empower you in making informed decisions on study, career, and life in Australia by the analysis of the current, accurate and comprehensive information, thereby empowering you to be able to discard misinformation or information that is not right for you.
Come and join us.